Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)About ILIAS
What is ILIAS exactly?
ILIAS is a very versatile learning management system (LMS): course management, learning modules, tests and assessments, portfolios, surveys, wikis and blogs are all built in, which makes ILIAS a ‘total solution’ for your online learning needs.
Is ILIAS an expensive system?
How can ILIAS be used?
What can ILIAS look like?
What can you place in ILIAS?
How does ILIAS deal with various standards in which learning materials are being offered?
ILIAS meets the standard:
- SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 learning modules
- LOM metadata
- IMS QTI Test & Assessment
- XML, CSV, and Excel exports
- IMS LTI to integrate external applications.
After installation, the complete ILIAS suite is executed directly in your browser: no further software is needed for students, teachers or content creators.
Can ILIAS be trusted as an open source system?
ILIAS is familiar: in development since 1998, it is now supported by 11 premium partners and more than 40 institutional ILIAS Society members. It has thousands of active installations and is used by millions of users worldwide.
The fact that various (inter) national government institutions such as NATO and the Ministry of Defense have opted for ILIAS is also an important reference that the system meets strict safety requirements.
As a reference, also read the customer story of NCI Agency.
Can ILIAS be used on mobile devices?
ILIAS is in principle fully responsive and can be used on all conceivable mobile devices.
However, the adjustments of the system style (corporate identity) and the further development of content must always be carefully monitored to ensure that this responsiveness will be retained, by using the right applications.
How many users can I have working in an ILIAS environment?
In principle, in your ILIAS environment you can work (together) from 1 unto as many as 100,000 users.
Please note: the larger the amount of users, the higher the capacity of the server must be. This often influences the costs.
What are the 10 most important functions of ILIAS?
- Full support of SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004
- Powerful test and evaluation tool with which you can offer self-evaluations for your students as well as complete e-exams
- Flexible course management for a variety of didactic scenarios
- Study programs allow you to reproduce complete curricula with a single tool
- Personal workspace for students, making portfolios and blogs easy to create
- Simple creation of study material with our author tools: build learning modules, interactive videos, wikis, word lists and much more …
- Streamlined design: despite their usage differences, the usability of all tools in ILIAS is kept virtually the same, making it easy to explore new learning scenarios!
- Learning communities that help you bring your students together … on the basis of the integrated communication tools: personal profiles, contact persons, who is online? -Tool, mail, chat and more …
- Highly developed access control allows you to refine the rights for literally every object
- No lock-in: your data can be exported in XML format
Do you want to meet our experts?
Send us your contact details without obligation and we will contact you to schedule an appointment!
Would you rather read more about our expert session first?
Do these possibilities match your company’s wishes and would you like to know more about them? Click below.
In consultation with you we will map the desired situation of your company and we will see what we can do for you.
All of course without any obligation. Or just give us a call.